According to Australian news outlet ABC, Matt Waller, a tour operator in Neptune Bay, discovered that great white sharks act more calmly when listening to music by AC/DC, the Aussie heavy-metal band that reached its peak during the 1980s. The two songs favored by the sharks: “You Shook Me All Night Long” and “Back in Black.”
- After Waller played the songs using underwater speakers, the sharks became “more investigative, more inquisitive and a lot less aggressive.”
- “They actually came past in a couple of occasions when we had the speaker in the water and rubbed their face along the speaker which was really bizarre,” he said.
- By using music and not bait to attract sharks during tours, his company is helping cage-diving operations become more eco-conscious and environmentally sustainable.
in case you wanted another reason to love sharks and realize what cute dorks they are. hello :)
where do i sign up for funding to play music at sharks and see what happens
Reasons that JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure is superior to your favorite anime and manga
- Clint Eastwood
- Advertised for Gucci
- Sold at the fucking Louvre
People who talk crap about anime are wrooong
Map of the World by Natural Skin Color
i’m really dumbfounded that i never realized skin colour is literally just caused by being closer to or farther from the equator and the resulting sun exposure and skin darkening
actually, its an adaptation. natural selection. people with darker skin are selected for in areas near the equator, where the melanin that causes the darker color protects them from radiation and protects them from skin cancer and other health defects, and because they are healthier they can pass on that trait more. people near the poles have lighter skin because it allows them absorb more of the limited sunlight to convert to vitamin d.
THIS IS THE THING SOME PEOPLE HATE OTHER PEOPLE OVER.
Evolution of melanin levels based on geographical location.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.John F. Kennedy (via antigovernmentextremist)
Sally Mann, from her Body Farm series, published in 2003.
Summer specializes in time, slows it down almost to dream.Jennifer Grotz, from “Late Summer,” The Needle (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2011)
Summer lingers, but it’s about ending. It’s about how things
redden and ripen and burst and come down.
Tbh I have a great time drinking alone, I dunno what the fuss is about.
If anyone here followed RVSA (rachelelm or rachel e morris) She deleted her blogs recently and if you really love and miss her stuff you can actually buy hundreds and hundreds of it from her for like 99 cents minimum here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you own a dog, please share.
Even if you don’t own a dog, please share
Badass women from history
- Leather clad English rocker girl
- Women boxing on a roof in LA (1933)
- Ellen O’Neal, the greatest woman freestyle skateboarder in the 1970s
- Elspeth Beard, first Englishwoman to circumnavigate the world by motorcycle
Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.Jean ‘Moebius’ Giraud (via unfoldingfeedbackloop)